struggled a bit against the

#1 von panxing18 , 09.08.2018 07:01

Dellin Betances stole the show from Jonathan Loaisiga with his Gary Sheffield impersonation at the plate – even as the rookie right-hander played stopper for the team with baseball’s best record.

Loaisiga took a no-hitter into the sixth inning http://www.chargersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-kyzir-white-jersey , Aaron Judge ripped his 20th homer and the New York Yankees snapped a three-game skid with a 4-2 victory over the Philadelphia Phillies on Monday night.

All of which meant the Yankees could laugh about Betances’ first career plate appearance. Batting with the bases loaded and one out in the eighth, Betances wiggled his bat like Sheffield as he took a strike from Yacksel Rios before missing on two mighty swings. That drew chuckles from his teammates in the bullpen.

”I liked to watch Gary and imitate his stance,” Betances said. ”I was trying to do some damage. I took some good hacks. I got my money’s worth.”

Betances said he hadn’t swung a bat in 12 years.

”I was hoping and praying it wouldn’t be my turn,” he said. ”I saw the ball good. Playing catch with Aroldis Chapman helped me out.”

Judge and the rest of the Yankees enjoyed watching Betances trying to make contact.

”It was fun, a pretty cool moment,” Judge said. ”I’m glad he didn’t get hurt.”

Loaisiga (2-0) didn’t allow a hit until Jorge Alfaro lined a single to right leading off the sixth. He struck out eight in 5 1/3 innings Kolton Miller Color Rush Jersey , throwing 86 pitches in his third start after jumping from Double-A to the majors.

”I felt good from the start, was aggressive and attacked the zone,” Loaisiga said through a translator.

The Yankees, who were swept by the Tampa Bay Rays over the weekend, haven’t lost four in a row this season and own the best record in baseball (51-25).

”We just had to forget what happened in Tampa and get back on track,” Judge said.

Making their first appearance at Citizens Bank Park since beating the Phillies in six games in the 2009 World Series Trent Murphy Color Rush Jersey , it felt like home for the Yankees. The sellout crowd of 44,136 was filled with fans cheering for the Bronx Bombers.

Philadelphia’s Vince Velasquez (5-8) allowed two runs and three hits, striking out seven in six innings. He’s given up three runs or fewer in 11 of 16 starts.

David Robertson struck out Rhys Hoskins and retired Odubel Herrera on a grounder to leave runners at second and third after replacing Loaisiga in the sixth. Hoskins didn’t immediately run to first after the ball bounced a few feet away and appeared to exchange words with a fan after walking back out of the dugout.

”He was a little frustrated in that moment,” Phillies manager Gabe Kapler said of Hoskins. ”Rhys always says and does the right thing, supports his teammates.”

Robertson allowed Scott Kingery’s RBI single in the seventh and gave way to Betances for three outs. Chapman got the last four outs for his 23rd save in 24 tries. He entered with two runners on in the eighth and Carlos Santana flied to deep left on Chapman’s first pitch. The lefty surrendered a solo homer to Maikel Franco with two outs in the ninth.

Gleyber Torres had an RBI double in the first. Judge lined one out to left in the fifth to give the Yankees a 2-0 lead.

Giancarlo Stanton hit a hard bouncer over drawn-in shortstop Kingery’s head for a two-run single in the eighth, extending the lead to 4-1.

I-95 RIVALRY

The Yankees improved to 14-14 against the Phillies http://www.broncosauthorizedshops.com/authentic-josey-jewell-jersey , leaving the Los Angeles Dodgers as the only team they have a losing record (6-7) against in the regular season. New York also defeated Philadelphia in the 1950 World Series.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Yankees: All-Star C Gary Sanchez was put on the 10-day disabled list because of a Grade 1 right groin strain. Manager Aaron Boone said Sanchez could miss up to four weeks.

Phillies: Right-handed reliever Edubray Ramos was placed on the 10-day disabled list because of a right shoulder impingement.

UP NEXT

RHP Luis Severino (11-2, 2.24 ERA) goes for the Yankees and RHP Jake Arrieta (5-5, 3.42) takes the mound for the Phillies on Tuesday night. Severino has never faced Philadelphia. Arrieta is 3-1, 3.83 in seven career starts vs. New York.

The San Jose Sharks are closing in on a seven-year contract with Evander Kane that will keep the high-scoring forward off the free-agent market.

A person familiar with the negotiations says the contract is expected to be finalized on Wednesday. The person spoke to The Associated Press on Tuesday night on condition of anonymity because the deal hasn’t been completed. Sportsnet first reported the two sides were close to an agreement.

Kane, who turns 27 in August, was acquired from Buffalo at the trade deadline. Under the terms of that trade John Tavares Maple Leafs Jersey , the Sabres will now get a first-round pick in 2019 instead of a second-rounder because Kane signed with San Jose. The selection is lottery-protected, so it could be moved to 2020.

Kane’s status was one of the biggest questions heading into this offseason for the Sharks, who were knocked out of the playoffs in six games in the second round against eventual Western Conference champion Vegas.

Star Joe Thornton is the other prominent potential free agent on the team but has said he’s willing to come back on a reduced one-year deal.

Kane had issues off the ice and with teammates at times during his stints with Winnipeg and Buffalo, but melded well with a veteran Sharks team and got the opportunity to go to the postseason for the first time in his career.

”He’s fit in well,” teammate Logan Couture said after the season ended. ”You don’t listen to what people say about him before. Getting to know him over these last few months he’s a great teammate. He cares and he wants to win. He was fun to play with.”

Kane made an immediate impact in San Jose, stepping right onto the top line with captain Joe Pavelski and helping ease the loss of Thornton Carlton Davis Color Rush Jersey , who went down with a season-ending knee injury in January. Kane used his speed and physical play to deliver nine goals and five assists in 17 games and spark an eight-game winning streak that sent San Jose to the playoffs.

Kane shined in the first round with three goals and an assist during a sweep against Anaheim. But he struggled a bit against the Golden Knights, slowed by injuries to his knee and shoulder that lingered from the end of the regular season.

He had one goal and a minus-5 rating in five games against Vegas. He missed Game 2 of that series when he was suspended for cross-checking Pierre-Edouard Bellemare.

Kane finished last season with 29 goals and 25 assists, his second-most productive season to his 30-goal, 27-assist campaign for the Jets in 2011-12. Kane has 186 goals and 168 assists in 574 career games since entering the NHL as the fourth overall pick by Atlanta in 2009.

panxing18  
panxing18

ge as the design
in charge of licensing King’

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz