Olympics. [Dustin Johnson] ki

#1 von dasg234 , 13.06.2018 01:18

ATLANTA -- Brian McCann, Jason Heyward and Freddie Freeman each hit a two-run homer, helping Kris Medlen and the Atlanta Braves beat the Pittsburgh Pirates 7-2 on Monday night. Medlen (2-6) pitched seven solid innings for his first win since April 9, ending a career-worst, five-game skid over his previous nine starts. The right-hander allowed an unearned run and seven hits, lowering his ERA to 3.14. Pittsburgh catcher Russell Martin and manager Clint Hurdle were ejected by home plate umpire Dan Iassogna in the fourth inning. Martin apparently complained after Iassogna called two balls on pitches from A.J. Burnett to Medlen. Burnett (3-6) yielded a season-high six runs in five innings. He also allowed eight hits, including three homers, and walked three. The three homers allowed matched Burnetts career high. He last allowed three homers in a 6-5 loss to Tampa Bay on May 16, 2011. Pittsburgh scored its only run against Medlen when Gaby Sanchezs ground-rule double in the third drove in Neil Walker, who was hit by a pitch. Walker advanced to second on a throwing error by centre fielder B.J. Upton. McCann connected for his seventh homer in the fourth. Chris Johnson then doubled and was at second when Medlens two-out at-bat featured a couple of testy exchanges between Iassogna and the Pirates. Burnett complained about the ball one call to Medlen, and Iassogna stepped in front of the plate to warn the pitcher. After the second ball was called, Martin apparently complained as he took a couple of steps toward the mound with his back to the umpire. Martin quickly was ejected by Iassogna, and the catcher turned to protest. Hurdle charged from the dugout to take over the argument and also was thrown out. Michael McKenry replaced Martin behind the plate. Heyward and Freeman hit homers in a string of fourth straight hits off Burnett to open the fifth. Justin Upton singled off Mike Zagurski in the seventh, moved to third on McCanns single and scored on Johnsons fly ball to left field. The single was McCanns 1,000th career hit. Fans responded to the announcement of the milestone with an ovation for McCann, who tipped his helmet while standing on first base. The Pirates recalled right-hander Jared Hughes and selected the contract of right-hander Ryan Reid from Triple-A Indianapolis before the game. Hughes gave up one hit in a scoreless sixth inning. Reid made his major league debut when he induced a bases-loaded grounder from pinch hitter Reed Johnson for the final out of the seventh. Reid also pitched a perfect eighth. Clint Barmes double with two outs in the ninth off Braves rookie Alex Wood drove in Gaby Sanchez, who led off with a single. NOTES: The Pirates gave OF Andrew McCutchen a day off. ... Pittsburgh RHP Jeanmar Gomez was placed on the 15-day disabled list with an inflamed and strained right forearm. OF Alex Presley was optioned to Triple-A Indianapolis. ... Braves 3B Juan Francisco, who was designated for assignment last week, was traded to Milwaukee Brewers for minor league LHP Tom Keeling, who was assigned to Double-A Mississippi. ... Braves RF Jason Heyward, who had two hits, snapped a 0-for-19 slump with his first-inning single. ... Braves RHP Brandon Beachy gave up six hits and three runs in five innings for Double-A Mississippi at Chattanooga as he continued his rehabilitation from Tommy John surgery. ... Atlantas Mike Minor will face Pittsburghs Jeff Locke in a matchup of left-handers on Tuesday night. Jeff Bagwell Jersey . -- Jaye Marie Green shot a 4-under 68 on Thursday to increase her lead to five strokes after the second round of the LPGA Tours qualifying tournament. Cheap Angels Jerseys For Sale . Batiste, who briefly signed with the Eskimos in 2006, has spent time with several NFL teams including the Pittsburgh Steelers and Washington Redskins. http://www.wholesaleangelsjerseys.com/ .J. -- Marshawn Lynch said Thursday it will be good to get back to football after the Seattle quiet talking running back wrapped up his final mandatory media session of Super Bowl week. Wholesale Angels Jerseys Free Shipping . Nigeria beat surprise package Ethiopia 2-0 in the second leg of their playoff for a comfortable 4-1 aggregate victory. Victor Moses converted a 20th-minute penalty after an Ethiopian handball, and Victor Obinna made certain of Nigerias place in Brazil with his powerful free kick in the 82nd at UJ Esuene Stadium. Cheap Angels Jerseys Authentic . -- The Portland Timbers and Real Salt Lake played to a 0-0 tie Saturday night that left the top of the Western Conference standings unchanged. CROMWELL, Conn. -- Three of the four male golfers representing the United States in the upcoming Olympic Games will have plenty of things to discuss this week.Grouped together for the first two rounds of the Travelers Championship, Bubba Watson, Patrick Reed and Matt Kuchar will be able to talk among themselves about the red, white and blue golf bags they just received, the Team USA clothing theyll be wearing and the chartered flight to Rio de Janeiro that will take off following Sundays final round.Theyll also be able to fill each other in regarding any not-so-minor details about the competition itself.On Wednesday, Kuchar was asked whether he felt the camaraderie of being teammates with the other Americans, despite the fact that the Olympics will be an individual stroke-play event.Now, I may be misinformed or just dont know, he replied. You may have to help me. Is there no team format at all?No, none at all.There is no combined? he followed. No team event whatsoever?Negative.The two highest-seeded Americans, their combined score I thought was going to be the team part, he continued. There is no combination? No team at all?Nope.Maybe Kuchar should be given a free pass for this lack of knowledge, considering he was only added to the team three weeks ago when Jordan Spieth withdrew from the event. Or perhaps he is the epitome of the taking-it-one-week-at-a-time cliché that most touring pros strive to achieve.Either way, its just another in a long line of bad looks in golfs return to the Olympics for the first time since 1904.From players withdrawing due to health concerns, security issues and general apathy to the consternation over building a new host course to the admittedly underwhelming format, headlines swirling around next weeks competition have largely been of the negative variety.Looking at it from a differing perspective, though, what were now left with is a field of 60 players who all seem to be relishing the opportunity.I had my fingers crossed that some golfers would bypass the Olympics, explained Kuchar, who was originally the second U.S. alternate. I had fingers crossed that they would, so I would have a chance to acceept.ddddddddddddEven though next weeks tournament has tightened an already-cramped schedule for the games top players, Kuchar is one of a half-dozen who didnt let it interfere with his original plans for this week.Watson is the defending champion here in the heart of Connecticut, while Reed is an annual participant, as well. (Rickie Fowler is the lone U.S. team member who isnt playing this week.) Padraig Harrington of Ireland, Soren Kjeldsen of Denmark and Alex Cejka of Germany are the other three Olympians in this weeks field.Just as some players prefer the heat of competition in the week before a major while others would rather rest and relax, there is no right or wrong way to prepare for the Olympics.While he admitted its been difficult to pick and choose his schedule this summer, like Watson, Reed insisted he never seriously considered skipping the Travelers this week.Its a place that we really wouldnt miss, said Reed, who missed the cut last year. It was a pretty easy decision for me to come over and play. I had it set in the schedule to come play before. At that time, I wasnt in the Olympics. [Dustin Johnson] kind of helped me out there [by withdrawing]. I wasnt going to change my schedule just for that.Reed, Watson and Kuchar have each made tentative plans to not only compete next week, but attend other events, as well. Harrington is planning to take things one step further, by spending an extra week in Rio afterward, just as a fan.There have been plenty of negative headlines about golfs return to the Olympics in recent months. One of the biggest names in the event not being fully aware of the format just days before heading there will be perceived as yet another one.Despite Kuchars confusion, though, hes among a group of players here at the Travelers this week who are already looking forward to competing in the Olympics.What an honor and what a thrill to play for your country in the Olympics, Watson said. Who cares if I finish dead last? Just to be part of the Olympics is a big honor and thrill. Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap China Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys From China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap NFL Black Jerseys ' ' '

dasg234  
dasg234

rage and a .971 save percentage. [url=http://
knee and groin injuries that had sidelined him for four games and put up season highs with 18 points and eight rebounds. It was

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de