ssing pass from Giroux but Pickard slid a

#1 von dasg234 , 29.12.2017 11:40

LAS VEGAS -- Gabriel Flores Jr., a 16-year-old junior lightweight with a strong amateur background and gripping backstory, will turn pro after signing a promotional contract with Top Rank, chairman Bob Arum announced on Wednesday.But because Flores, of Stockton, California, is so young, he cannot fight professionally in the United States yet. He wont have his first bout until at least May, when he turns 17 and can apply for a special permit in various states, including Nevada and California.Why did we sign a 16?-year-old -- I think is because the younger we sign fighters the longer the guys in Top Rank feel theyll have me around, the 84-year-old Arum joked at the final news conference for the Manny Pacquiao-Jessie Vargas undercard at the Wynn resort.I think hes the youngest fighter Top Rank has ever signed. Hes a tremendous prospect, ranked No. 1 in his weight division in the amateur ranks. He has great natural skills and ability. Our matchmakers believe that will make him a star.Flores, a member of the U.S. junior national team in 2015 and 2016, comes into the pro ranks having gone 91-7 as an amateur and having won the 2016 U.S. junior national championship at 138 pounds. In 2015, he claimed a silver medal at the world junior championships at 125 pounds and a gold medal in the same division at the U.S. junior national championships.Flores will enter the pro ranks having endured much in his life.I know a lot of people have high expectations of me and I plan on exceeding all of them, said Flores, who started boxing at age 7. It wasnt easy getting to this point. I lost my mother at the age of 12. It was gang-violence-related. It took my mother away from me. She got shot in the back. They said if she would have made it she would have been paralyzed. She didnt make it, but right now, today, shes looking down on me and shes smiling right now.Flores mother, Juanita Maldonado, was shot while attending a childs birthday party in Stockton on March 17, 2013. She died the following day at age 35. Four others were also shot, reportedly by three men, though no arrests have been made.I could have just gave up on my dreams but giving up on my dreams would have been giving up on my mother, Flores said. Im just grateful to be in this position and want to make her proud.Flores said he wants to be a role model to kids in Stockton, a city gripped by gang violence.My mom wasnt the only one I lost in my family, said Flores, one of six children. I lost my uncle to gang violence. Thats why I look forward to fighting in my hometown so I can promote anti-gang-violence. I want the kids to know right from wrong and the consequences. I want to stop the violence in the city I was born in and the city I love.Flores is trained and managed by his father, Gabriel Flores Sr., whose own involvement in gangs landed him in prison for a stretch. He turned his back on gang life years ago and also trains Top Rank junior lightweight prospect Andy Vences (16-0, 10 KOs). Flores adviser is Rick Mirigian, who also handles blue-chip junior welterweight prospect and 2012 U.S. Olympian Jose Ramirez.Flores has ring experience sparring with quality fighters, including featherweight world titleholder Oscar Valdez and junior featherweight contender Jessie Magdaleno, both of whom have matches on the Pacquiao-Vargas undercard.Id say Im a pure boxer. I like to keep my distance and use my jab and my straight punches, but if it comes down to it, I can fight on the inside, Flores said. I can do anything it takes to win. My favorite boxer of all time is Roy Jones Jr. Sometimes Ill do a little showboating like he does, and sometimes I do that little jump-in hook. Wholesale Soccer Hoodies . According the Toronto Star, a knee injury will keep Sundin out of the lineup, which includes former teammates Gary Roberts, Darcy Tucker, Tie Domi and Curtis Joseph. Cheap NBA Hoodies .C. -- Kemba Walker and the Charlotte Bobcats got off to a fast start, and the Sacramento Kings were never quite able to catch up. http://www.cheapnflhoodies.com/ . Mitch Holmberg added a goal and three assists. Connor Chartier also scored for the Chiefs (3-0-0). Luke Harrison spoiled Garrett Hughsons shutout bid with a power-play goal at 13:17 of the third period. The Spokane goaltender finished with 28 saves, including a Brandon Fushimi penalty shot in the second period that would have tied the game 1-1. Cheap MLB Hoodies . The 29-year-old from Port Colborne, Ont., has nothing but good things to say about former U.S. marine Liz (Girlrilla) Carmouche ahead of their co-main event Wednesday on the UFCs "Fight for the Troops" televised card in Fort Campbell, Ky. Wholesale NFL Hoodies . After dropping their final six games of December, the Wild opened the new calendar year with four consecutive wins. Following a loss to Colorado on Saturday, Minnesota rebounded the following night to blank Nashville 4-0, but then had the tables turned on them Tuesday. DENVER -- Roman Lyubimov and Brayden Schenn scored 1:46 apart in the third period to help the Philadelphia Flyers to their 10th straight victory, 4-3 over the Colorado Avalanche on Wednesday.The Flyers have their longest winning streak since a franchise-best 13-game run in 1985.Off a Colorado turnover in its own zone, Lyubimov slapped the go-ahead goal past Calvin Pickard 3:30 into the third. Schenn added to the lead with his fifth goal in his last three games.Wayne Simmonds and Michael Del Zotto also scored, and Steve Mason stopped 26 shots.Pickard, starting in place of injured Semyon Varlamov, made 21 saves. Matt Duchene had two goals and Rene Bourque also scored for the Avalanche. They have lost five straight at home and eight of their last 10 overall.Duchene scored his second goal of the night to make 4-3 with 4:45 remaining. Mason denied the equalizer despite an aggressive Colorado attack after Pickard was pulled with 1:31 left.Earlier, Duchene put back a rebound off Mason to give Colorado a 2-1 lead 16:34 into second, but Simmonds tied it 23 seconds later with his 16th goal of the season, fourth-most in the league.The Flyers appeared to score again 78 seconds after that, but Pierre-Edouard Bellemares goal was overturnned after video replay deemed that he tipped in the goal with a high stick.ddddddddddddThings got chippy after that. Gabriel Landeskog laid out Michael Raffl with a big, causing Landeskog and Jakub Voracek to the drop gloves. Both got in a few shots before Voracek fell to the ice.The Flyers got on the board first with Del Zottos goal 4:01 into the second. Del Zotto took a crossing pass from Giroux but Pickard slid across the crease to deny his initial chance. The puck fluttered into the air and dropped back into the crease before Del Zotto swiped in his own rebound into the back of the net for his fourth goal of the season. Bourque tied it 12:14 into the second with his ninth goal of the year.Note: The Avalanche recalled goalie Spencer Martin from San Antonio to serve as backup while Varlamov is day-to-day with a groin injury. ... Philadelphia D Shayne Gostisbehere returned after missing one game with a swollen right hand, while fellow defenseman Mark Streit is expected to be out two weeks with a shoulder injury.UP NEXT:Flyers: At Dallas on Saturday night.Avalanche: Host Florida on Friday night. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

dasg234  
dasg234

os in 2006, has spent time with several NFL tea
Janovich injured a shoulder.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.o

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz