moves and some unexpec

#1 von elaine95 , 10.12.2019 07:50

KANSAS CITY Kansas City Chiefs Jerseys Stitched , Mo. — The first finger that Andy Reid points after the Kansas City Chiefs lose a game is at himself, regardless of the score, the opponent or whatever may have transpired on the field. The old coach willingly shoulders more than his share of the blame.He probably deserved much of it Sunday.The Chiefs lost 31-24 to the Texans, their second straight defeat at Arrowhead Stadium, and one that was punctuated by a laundry bin full of yellow flags, more dropped passes than in most Pop Warner games and questionable decisions made by Reid all afternoon.“I have to do a better job getting our team ready to go,” he said, before anyone had a chance to ask a question. “We need to be more disciplined than what we saw with the penalties and drops and so on. We have a lot of things we need to work on here to get turned around. We have to do it better.”The Chiefs were penalized 11 times for 79 yards, three of which resulted in first downs. But they were actually flagged 16 times — four were declined, another was offsetting — one week after they had 11 penalties for 125 yards in a 19-13 loss to the Indianapolis Colts.So even though Reid was never called for holding, the penalty du jour on Sunday, the coaching staff clearly didn’t do enough to stop the flow of flags from last week to this week.“There are a bunch of things to look at,” Reid said, “but penalties and time of possession, those are pretty big at this time. Taking advantage of turnovers — we have to do a better job of taking advantage of turnovers Rashad Fenton Jersey nfl draft , scoring touchdowns. That’s my responsibility.”But while penalties and dropped passes and a myriad other mistakes can be chalked up to miscues or misfortune on behalf of the players, some questionable decisions fall directly on the head coach.The first head-scratching set of events took place just before halftime.Chiefs safety Juan Thornhill had just picked off Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson in the end zone to prevent points, and seemingly preserving a 17-16 halftime lead. But despite having just 23 seconds on the clock, and a quarterback hobbled by a sore ankle, the Chiefs called a pass play from their own 20.Patrick Mahomes dropped back, the pocket quickly collapsed and Texans defensive end Charles Omenihu reached out his paw and knocked the ball lose. Benardrick McKinney immediately pounced on the fumble, giving Houston the ball at the 3-yard line.Watson scrambled in for a touchdown on the next play to give Houston the lead.“For us, how we feel and how we act as an offense is we’re going to try to score every single drive,” Mahomes said in defense of the play-calling. “There were some drives in the second half where we couldn’t get going. We have to find ways to score when it’s a close ballgame and at the end.”Indeed, there were more questionable calls in the third quarter, when Watson again was picked off in the end zone, this time by Charvarius Ward. The Chiefs led 24-23 at that point, but three consecutive pass plays fell incomplete and they were forced to punt the ball back to Houston.Twelve plays, 93 yards and 8 1/2 minutes later, Watson scrambled in for his second TD run Womens Rashad Fenton Jersey , and his 2-point conversion pass to DeAndre Hopkins gave the Texans a 31-24 lead with 6:17 to go.Still, the Chiefs had an opportunity to march downfield for a tying touchdown. But a pass to LeSean McCoy was stopped for a loss, putting them in a second-and-14 and at their own 21-yard line. And rather than put the ball in the hands of the reigning league MVP, the Chiefs elected to run — and McCoy went nowhere, earning a round of lusty boos from the antsy crowd in Arrowhead Stadium.Mahomes proceeded to throw an incomplete pass on third down, the Chiefs punted yet again, and this time the Texans managed to drain the final 5:03 off the clock to preserve the victory.“We did some good things,” Reid said, “but we have to cut down on the penalties all the way around, whoever is making whatever. There were quite a few holding penalties there, on both sides of the ball.“We have to finish stronger,” he added. “We have to do a better job all the way around.” KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Every team in the NFL passed on Darwin Thompson multiple times during the draft, leaving the soft-spoken running back waiting for a phone call when the Chiefs were on the clock in the sixth round.General manager Brett Veach finally dialed his number.It’s worked out well for both of them.Thompson was taken by a team willing to overlook his stature (5-foot-8) and alma mater (Utah State) by giving him a chance. The Chiefs were able to add some depth at running back, a position of significant need Authentic Rashad Fenton Jersey , without using a higher draft selection on a more proven commodity.Now, the Oklahoma native is making a push up the depth chart, nipping at the heels of Carlos Hyde and Darrel Williams for the backup job behind incumbent starter Damien Williams.“I’ll tell you what, he’s doing a nice job,” Chiefs coach Andy Reid said. “He’s able to see the blitz, which is a big thing for young guys. He has good vision in the run game. Then, he has a pretty good understanding of the pass game. He’s a really focused kid. He’s kind of a no-nonsense guy. He wants to do it right, is real focused, studies a lot. I like the way he’s made up that way.”Reid is understandably interested in the way Thompson handles everything but carrying the ball. A successful running back in his offense must protect quarterback Patrick Mahomes, a major question mark for the undersized Thompson, and catch passes in what has become a wide-open West Coast system.Then there’s the film room, often one of the biggest stumbling blocks from college to the NFL.“You just want to see how they handle the stress of preparing, playing and performing every day,” Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy said. “I’m not shocked and surprised. We knew what we saw on tape. The kid did one heck of a job. Now, the kid still needs to continue to work on some things.”The part that needs the least work? Running the ball.Thompson Travis Kelce Jersey , whose uncle David Thompson played for the Rams from 1997-99, starred in junior college at Northeastern Oklahoma A&M before transferring to Utah State. He wound up running for 1,044 yards with 14 touchdowns last season, averaging a stunning 6.8 yards per carry in the Mountain West.He did it all with an infectious smile, too.“Man, ‘D-Train,’ that’s my dog. He’s a quiet assassin, that’s what I call him,” Damien Williams said. “Very quiet, but when he cuts and gets upfield, it’s like he’s my size.”The Chiefs love the fact that Thompson gives them another unique ballcarrier in the backfield, a complement to the do-it-all Damien Williams and power backs in Hyde and Darrel Williams.“Darwin, you would think, is a smaller, jitterbug-type of guy [url=www.http://www.thechiefsclub.com/tyreek-hill-jersey/]Tyreek Hill Jersey[/url] ,” Chiefs running backs coach Deland McCullough said, “but he’s strong and packs a punch. He can protect. He can run routes. He can run the ball. I feel really happy with what we have there.”Damien Williams missed some time earlier in camp with a hamstring injury, giving Thompson and the rest of the backups more run with the first-team offense. And not only did Thompson make the most of the reps, he carried that momentum in the Chiefs’ first couple of preseason games.He carried five times for 22 yards against Cincinnati, then had four carries for 30 yards last week in Pittsburgh — showing a couple of nifty moves and some unexpected breakaway speed.“This is everything I worked for,” Thompson said. “Nothing before this really matters now; this is just the beginning. This is the beginning of the journey. It’s a new identity I can create. They are only going to remember me now from what I did in the NFL, not so much of what I did in college.“I only played one year of D-I football,” Thompson added. “My name before this really didn’t mean anything. I get the chance to prove myself and my worth at this level.”NOTES: WR Marcus Kemp (torn ACL) was placed on injured reserve, while WR Davon Grayson and OL Abdul Beecham were released. … The Chiefs signed WR De’Anthony Thomas, WR Jalen Tolliver and OL Jeff Allen. … DE Breeland Speaks (knee), TE Deon Yelder (ankle) and WR Tyreek Hill (personal reasons) were absent as the Chiefs resumed camp at their practice facility Tuesday. SS Tyrann Mathieu (shoulder) was a partial participant in the steamy late-morning workout.49<button class="view-gallery">View Gallery</button> Gallery:Greetings from St. Joe: Chiefs training camp 2019Denny Medley-USA TODAY Sports | Denny Medley

elaine95  
elaine95

Natson had a 36-yard punt return to the 13
overturn meant the ball was spotted inches short of the goal line and brought up fourth-and-goal. Bengals guard Alex Redmond was

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz