www.dodgersfanproshop.com

#1 von elaine95 , 11.02.2019 08:11

WASHINGTON (AP) — With so much attention focused on Daniel Murphy’s return to Washington for the first time since he was traded to the Chicago Cubs Cody Bellinger Jersey , it was his in-game replacement — David Bote — who once again tormented the Nationals.Bote had a pinch-hit RBI double and scored in the 10th inning as the Cubs came back to beat the Nationals 6-4 on Thursday night in the opener of a four-game series.Bote, who hit a two-out grand slam in the bottom of the ninth to give the Cubs a 4-3 win over Washington on Aug. 12 at Wrigley Field, knocked a 100 mph fastball from Jimmy Cordero (1-2) into right field to score Albert Almora Jr. Bote came home on a single by pinch-hitter Taylor Davis.Bote, who finished the game at second base, was certain Nats fans hadn’t forgotten what he did in Chicago last month.“I heard the boos today,” Bote said. “I love it. It’s fun. You love to be part of that.”Murphy went 1 for 5 with a strikeout during his first game in Washington since he was dealt to the Cubs on Aug 21.While Chicago has the best record in the National League and leads the NL Central by 4½ games over Milwaukee, manager Joe Maddon is still looking to tighten up some things and admits he becomes a perfectionist at times.“We’ve got to work better at-bats,” Maddon said. “I’m talking about October, I’m not just talking about Sept. 6. I love the fight, tremendous fight, but there’s little things now that have held us back in the past that I don’t want to see hold us back now.”Washington has lost three straight to fall to 69-72. The Nationals are three games under .500 for the first time since April 30.Pedro Strop (5-1) pitched a scoreless ninth, and Jesse Chavez earned his third save.Washington took a 3-2 lead in the fourth when Mark Reynolds belted his 13th homer of the season, a two-run shot to left field.Murphy scored on Ben Zobrist’s sacrifice fly to tie it at 3 in the fifth.Spencer Kieboom had a career-high three hits for Washington.Stephen Strasburg pitched 5 2/3 innings for the Nationals Chris Taylor Jersey , allowing six hits while walking three and striking out six. He gave up three runs, two earned, while throwing 111 pitches — his most since tossing a season-high 115 on May 20.SUPPORTING MARTINEZDespite being traded away, Murphy had nothing but positives to say about Nationals manager Dave Martinez.“I thought that in the midst of a lot of trials he was always positive,” Murphy said. “I thought we always played hard for him, which I think is a reflection of the manager. I wish I would have been able to play more for him. I wish I would have been able to (play) better for him.”FORMER TEAMMATESStrasburg and Murphy were teammates from 2016 until last month, and in that time the Nationals pitcher tried to learn a thing or two about hitting from the 2015 NLCS MVP. “Yeah, he talks a lot about hitting, so I eavesdropped on him for a few years,” Strasburg said. “So, kind of knew what he was trying to do and have him avoid trying to barrel the ball.”TRAINER’S ROOMCubs: Maddon said OF Kyle Schwarber (back) is day to day. Schwarber left Wednesday’s game after hitting his 25th home run. He pinch-hit in the sixth Thursday, reaching on a walk. … RHP Brandon Morrow (right biceps inflammation) will throw from the mound Sunday, but his long-term plan is still uncertain. “Every time he does something we have to evaluate it afterwards and make sure everything is well http://www.dodgersfanproshop.com/authentic-max-muncy-jersey ,” Maddon said. “That’s where it’s at right now.”Nationals: 1B Ryan Zimmerman was rested and then used as a pinch-hitter in the ninth.UP NEXTCubs: LHP Jon Lester (15-5, 3.53 ERA) will start in Washington for the first time since the 2017 NL Division Series. Lester is 2-2 with a 4.25 ERA in seven career starts against the Nationals.Nationals: RHP Joe Ross makes his season debut and first start since undergoing Tommy John surgery in July 2017. Ross is 0-2 with a 3.44 ERA in three career starts versus the Cubs. BOSTON (AP) — David Price believes he’s finally become the pitcher the Boston Red Sox were looking for when they signed him.Price pitched seven solid innings, J.D. Martinez hit his major league-leading 38th homer after Boston jumped to a quick lead and the Red Sox beat the Tampa Bay Rays 5-2 on Saturday night for their 17th victory in 20 games.Signed to a seven-year, $217 million deal before 2016, the lefty feels as if he’s finally paying off.“Getting back to myself. I definitely changed a lot of stuff up here the last 2 ½ years,” he said. “To be able to get back to the pitcher that Boston signed, it’s about time.”Price (13-6) gave up two runs on five hits, striking out eight, walking two and hitting a batter. He is 3-0 with a 1.35 ERA in his five starts since the All-Star break.With ace lefty Chris Sale going on the 10-day disabled list Saturday for the second time in nearly three weeks, Price doesn’t see any additional pressure to fill the void.“I’m making $32 million,” Price said. “It don’t change what I’m doing. I’ve got enough pressure on me.”And he’s responded.“We expect him to go deep into games and give us a chance to win and he’s been doing that,” Red Sox manager Alex Cora said.Mitch Moreland added an RBI double during Boston’s four-run first inning. The Red Sox, who own the majors’ best record http://www.dodgersfanproshop.com/authentic-ross-stripling-jersey , improved to a season-high 52 games over .500 and maintained their 10 ½-game lead over the second-place New York Yankees in the AL East.C.J. Cron hit a two-run homer for the Rays. Tampa Bay fell to 4-11 against Boston this season.Tyler Glasnow (0-1), making his fourth start since being acquired from Pittsburgh at the non-wavier trading deadline, gave up five runs, four earned, and three hits. He walked three and struck out four in 6 2/3 innings.“Very encouraging. The first inning was such a fluke for him, for all of us. Just a lot of odd things,” Rays manager Kevin Cash said. “His strike-throwing kind of eluded him for whatever reason, but he’s got to take a lot of positives from that outing.”The Red Sox took advantage of Glasnow’s wildness to jump ahead 4-0 in the first. Moreland’s RBI double made it 1-0 before Martinez and Xander Bogaerts walked to load the bases. The righty then walked Ian Kinsler, forcing in a run.First baseman Jake Bauers then fired Brock Holt’s grounder into left field attempting a force at second and two runs scored, making it 4-0.“Just came in, didn’t feel that great from warmups to the first inning,” Glasnow said. “Just kind of realized that this is what I had today and I needed to just go out and compete as hard as I can and get out of that fix-it mode.”In the third, Martinez homered into Boston’s bullpen.Cron’s homer cleared the Green Monster and left Fenway Park completely in the sixth.Craig Kimbrel got the final three outs for his 37th save.HEADS UPTampa Bay’s Carlos Gomez advanced to third when it was left uncovered on a popup that was caught between first and the plate in the first inning.“That was probably my part to go cover third base right there and I didn’t do that Yasmani Grandal Jersey ,” Price said.NOT HEADS UPWith Kinsler on second and Holt on first in the first, Kinsler got caught trying to steal third too quickly when Glasnow stepped off and got him in a rundown. Holt was unsure where to go, standing between first and second before he was tagged out in a rundown for an inning-ending double play.Three innings later, Tampa Bay’s Tommy Pham was doubled off second on a fly ball to the left-field warning track.FRIENDLY FENWAYThe Red Sox improved their home record to a majors’ best 44-15.TRAINER’S ROOMRays: C Jesus Sucre missed his fourth straight game with a sore right wrist.Red Sox: Sale was placed on the DL with mild inflammation in his left shoulder. “It’s definitely less than it was last time,” Sale said. . LHP Eduardo Rodriguez (DL since July 15, sprained right ankle) is scheduled to make a rehab start on Monday.UP NEXTRays: Cash said after the game that RHP Diego Castillo (3-2, 3.63 ERA) would start Sunday’s series finale.Red Sox: RHP Hector Velazquez (7-0, 2.77) will take Sale’s turn.

elaine95  
elaine95

(at least six innings pitched, three or fewer earned runs) to 10. The streak is the
given a lineup that boasts Nolan Arenado

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de