uso scored 12 points and had seven rebounds to lead Princeton past Lafayette 71-

#1 von dasg234 , 14.01.2019 11:50

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Abbey DAgostino never imagined doing the right thing would cause such a stir.The 5,000-meter runner whose act of friendship captured the Olympic spirit will not return to the track in Rio after tearing ligaments in her knee.In an interview with The Associated Press on Wednesday, she said that even though her season was over, her message prevailed.She was involved in a chain-reaction tumble Tuesday on the track at Olympic Stadium with New Zealands Nikki Hamblin. Instead of scrambling up to keep running, DAgostino went to Hamblin, helped her up and urged the New Zealander to keep running.The gesture of kindness has been a big hit on social media and provided a refreshing reminder of what the Olympics are supposed to be about. DAgostino spent Wednesday doing TV interviews -- rare for a little-known, 5,000-meter runner -- and telling her story.Her explanation was simple.Simple acts of kindness are recognized and people are drawn to them, she explained. It resonates with people. Its cool to have something like that shine.Before the race, DAgostino had never crossed paths with Hamblin. Now, theyve exchanged contact information and vow to stay in touch.Its connected us in a way thats powerful, the 24-year-old from Topsfield, Massachusetts, said. Its the beginning of a relationship that neither one of us will ever forget.We live on opposite sides of world and our paths wont cross frequently. But we will keep in touch and share our story.Hamblin couldnt agree more.That girl is the Olympic spirit right there, said Hamblin, who also encouraged DAgostino to keep running. Ive never met her before. Like, I never met this girl before. And isnt that just so amazing. Such an amazing woman.DAgostino has seen replays of the incident, trying to figure out how she got the worst of the collision. Shes still not sure how it happened.Even more, shes not sure how she was able to make it across the finish line with a banged-up right knee.A miracle, she said. All I know is I prayed my way through the last 4 1/2 laps. My knee was like jelly -- as soon as I tried to pick it up, it would start buckling. Ive never done anything like that.After she finished the race, she was carted off the track in a wheelchair. Later, doctors discovered a torn ACL and strained MCL in her knee.Race officials advanced both runners into Fridays final, but DAgostino cant go. She will meet with a doctor in Boston after the Olympics before deciding when to have surgery.No regrets, she said.Im so thankful to be a part of this, DAgostino said. It about the privilege of representing us and being more than just my race performance.Whats impressed on me is the symbolism of the Olympics. Of course, I wasnt expecting this. At the same time, (the collision) was clear and a big reason why I was there. We were a part of a message that was being delivered to a lot of people through that race.---AP National Writer Eddie Pells contributed. Authentic Air Max 2018 . The Montreal Canadiens announced on Friday that the veteran forward will return to the teams line-up on Saturday night when the Habs visit the Nashville Predators. Wholesale Nike Air Max Shoes . But now that hes in the NHL, the Calgary Flames centre showed big improvement in that department by scoring the winner in the eighth round of a 5-4 shootout victory over the Winnipeg Jets on Monday. http://www.discountairmax.com/ .R. Smith realized how easily basketball can be taken from him, and he wasnt going to take his place in the NBA for granted anymore. Cheap Air Max 95 VaporMax . The 17-year-old native of Marystown, N.L., pulled out of Skate Canada International last month in Saint John, N.B., with the same problem. Orange Nike Air Max 2018 . It might not have mattered. While the Dodgers are preparing for the playoffs, the Padres showed their future has promise behind two rookies. EASTON, Pa. -- Steven Cook scored 14 points missing just two shots and Henry Caruso scored 12 points and had seven rebounds to lead Princeton past Lafayette 71-55 on Wednesday night.Matt Klinewskis 3 brought Lafayette to within 34-31 to start the second before back-to-back baskets gave the Tigers a seven-point lead. Caruso later made a layup and moved Princetons lead to 45-33 with 11:42 to play.After Nick Lindners 3, Spencer Weisz did the same for Princeton (1-2) and the Tigers leed by double figures the rest of the way.dddddddddddduston Evans gave Lafayette its last lead at 26-25 on jumper with 4:06 left before halftime.Lindner led Lafayette (2-3) with 18 points and Klinewski chipped in 13 for the Leopards.Princeton shot 50 percent (29 for 58) and distributed 19 assists in the process. The Tigers lead the all-time series 50-19. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

dasg234  
dasg234

d six goals against them, so weve shown what were capable of.
as good offensively.Florida has dominated Georgia the last t

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de