game and they took advantage

#1 von elaine95 , 13.11.2018 09:07

BOSTON (AP) The Toronto Maple Leafs opened another 4-1 lead in Boston Adidas Matt Hunwick Jersey , and this time they held on.Just barely.Five years after blowing a three-goal lead in a playoff elimination game against the Bruins, Toronto killed off a 5-on-3 and three more penalties to beat the Bruins 4-3 in Game 5 on Saturday night and force the series to a sixth game.”That was a little bit nerve-wracking,” said Toronto forward Nazem Kadri, who returned from a three-game suspension and had an assist. ”But we were able to weather the storm. Playoff games on the road, sometimes you just have to survive.”Connor Brown and Andreas Johnsson each scored his first career playoff goal in the first period, and Tyler Bozak and James van Riemsdyk scored 1:19 apart in the second to make it 4-1 and chase Bruins goalie Tuukka Rask.Boston cut the deficit to one goal, but the Leafs survived despite a parade of penalties that left four men in the box at one point.”When you’re down a man six times – and it was six times – it’s ridiculous,” Toronto coach Mike Babcock said.Frederik Andersen stopped 42 shots for Toronto, which returns home for Game 6 on Monday. Game 7 would be back in Boston on Wednesday, if necessary.When the teams last met in the playoffs in 2013, Toronto twice won to stave off elimination and force the series to a seventh game. Once there, the Maple Leafs took a 4-1 into the third period before the Bruins won in overtime en route to their second Stanley Cup final berth in two years.”That’s in the past Adidas Jeff Skinner Jersey ,” Kadri said. ”I think it’s time we turn the page on that one.”Jake DeBrusk and Sean Kuraly scored for the Bruins. After missing one game with an undisclosed injury, Selke Trophy finalist Patrice Bergeron returned to the ice but not to the scoresheet; his line, which had 20 points in the first two games, was held without a goal or assist.”He made it through today’s game healthy,” Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy said. ”We always want to see how they are in the morning. I don’t anticipate there being any issues going into Game 6.”Rask was pulled after allowing four goals on 13 shots before skipping off to the locker room when he was pulled with 8:05 left in the second.”Probably could have stopped more pucks with my eyes closed,” he said. ”It’s on me, but moving on to the next one and try to finish it off in Toronto.”Anton Khudobin, making his first career playoff appearance, stopped all eight shots he saw the rest of the way.”I didn’t think he (Rask) had it tonight. So we went with Anton, who’s been very good for us,” Cassidy said. ”And then there’s always that part that gets the rest of the team’s attention.”Toronto lost the first two games of the best-of-seven series in Boston by a combined score of 12-4, then won the third game at home before dropping the fourth to fall to the brink of elimination.Leading 4-1 midway through second on Saturday Adidas Tage Thompson Jersey , the Maple Leafs gave Boston four straight power plays but killed each one off. Kuraly made it a two-goal game with about three minutes left in the second and Noel Acciari made it 4-3 six minutes into the third.Notes: Bergeron’s absence from Game 4 was a surprise, and his upper body injury remains a mystery. He skated on the off-day Friday and again on Saturday morning and was then cleared to play. … Grzelcyk had his first playoff point, and Acciari recorded his first playoff assist. … Khudobin made his NHL debut in 2010 but has been a backup since then and never saw the ice in a playoff game. … The game ended with fisticuffs in the corner. Bozak and Boston’s David Backes were in the middle.— TAMPA, Fla. (AP) Eddie Lack found fault in a stellar performance that helped the New Jersey Devils win their third consecutive game.Lack made a career-high 48 saves and the Devils beat the Tampa Bay Lightning 4-3 on Saturday night.”This wasn’t my best game by far,” Lack said. ”Two of those goals, I mean, I didn’t make it easy on myself. I felt like the biggest thing for me was just to battle. Coming in I knew I was going to get a lot of shots.”Article continues below ...Making his third appearance as the backup since being recalled from Binghamton of the AHL on Feb. 4, Lack made a terrific glove save on Brayden Point’s in-close shot midway through the second.”Eddie was awesome,” Devils defenseman Ben Lovejoy said. ”That’s a really good team over there. They have a ton of skill. They play hard.”Lovejoy, Nico Hischier, Pavel Zacha and Miles Wood scored for the Devils. Taylor Hall had an assist and has a point in each of the last 17 games he has played in.Tampa Bay got goals from Chris Kunitz, Point and Steven Stamkos Adidas Rasmus Andersson Jersey , and Andrei Vasilevskiy stopped 24 shots.”We gave them the opportunity to win the game and they took advantage,” Lightning coach Jon Cooper said.The Lightning, who have lost four of seven, fell a point behind Vegas for the NHL’s best record.Devils went ahead 3-2 on Zacha’s 2-on-1 short-handed goal at 6:27 of the second.Zacha’s goal came while Wood was serving two minor penalties, including a boarding infraction for a dangerous hit on Vladislav Namestnikov. The left wing and Tampa Bay’s Andrej Sustr, whose visor broke and cut his nose, were sent off for roughing during the same sequence.Both Sustr and Namestnikov played in the third period.Wood extended the lead to 4-2 from the slot 1:24 into the third before Stamkos made it a one-goal game on the power play at 5:15.”A lot of mistakes,” Stamkos said. ”Three goals should be enough to win.”Point stopped a nine-game goal drought with his 21st goal on the power play at 2:47 of the second but the Devils pulled even at 2 just 26 seconds when Hischier scored during a 2-on-1.After Lovejoy got his first goal in 31 games from along the right wing boards 2:59 into the first, Kunitz tied it at 1 with 7:19 left in the period.”A well-placed shot that went in,” Lovejoy said with a smile. ”I assume Vasilevskiy did not see my shot. Miles Wood skated right in front of him.”NOTES: Devils C Brian Boyle missed his third straight game with a right shoulder injury. . Tampa Bay RW Nikita Kucherov had an assist and has a six-game point streak. He has 11 shots on goal. . New Jersey C Travis Zajac moved past Jay Pandolfo into sixth place among skaters on the Devils games list with 820.UP NEXTDevils: At Carolina on Sunday.Lightning: Start a three-game road trip Tuesday night at Washington.

elaine95  
elaine95

Donato’s power-play goal
With Sam Bennett in front of Rask

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de