With Sam Bennett in front of Rask

#1 von elaine95 , 13.11.2018 08:56

SUNRISE Adidas Anton Khudobin Jersey , Fla. (AP) The Florida Panthers were one of the best teams in the NHL after the All-Star break, not that it counted for much at the end of the regular season.Despite winning five games over the final seven days and tying for first in the NHL with 25 victories over their final 35 games, the Panthers failed to make the playoffs for the fifth time in six years and the 15th time in 17 seasons.”It’s disappointing,” said center Vincent Trocheck, who finished the season with a team-high 31 goals. ”Everybody here had one goal, and that was to make the playoffs and then go on a push. We were really hoping we’d get a little help from some other teams and maybe get in. I think there’s a lot of teams that didn’t want to play us if we got in.”The Panthers finished with a 44-30-8 record for 96 points, matching the 2014-15 Boston Bruins for most points for a team missing the playoffs. The Panthers were 25-8-2 after the All-Star break, tying the Winnipeg Jets for most victories over the final 35 games.But Florida couldn’t overcome a slow start. The Panthers was 4-8-2 in its first 14 games and played catch-up the whole season. They held a playoff position for one day (after the games of Oct. 12) the entire season.”We’re extremely proud of this group Adidas Chris Terry Jersey ,” Panthers coach Bob Boughner said. ”The effort they put forth, especially in the second half of the season … 96 points is not easy to do in this league. It’s a shame that we’re not in with that kind of a total. Maybe that’s something that’s going to even drive us harder next year.”—Some things to know about the Panthers’ disappointing 2017-18 season, and a look to `18-19:OFFSEASON PRIORITY: The Panthers don’t seem to need much after their post-All-Star break performance, particularly since every key member of the team is signed through next season or beyond. The top seven scorers, as well as goalies Roberto Luongo and James Reimer, are signed through the 2019-20 season. If anything, the Panthers could use another scorer and maybe a defenseman, but the team has a solid foundation in place.YOUTH IS SERVED: Perhaps the biggest reason for optimism for the Panthers looking ahead has to do with a core that’s been around for a few years but is still very young. The team’s top three scorers – Aleksander Barkov Adidas Dennis Cholowski Jersey , Vincent Trocheck and Jonathan Huberdeau – and top-four defensemen Aaron Ekblad and Mike Matheson all are 24 or younger.HOME COOKING: The Panthers’ season-ending five-game winning streak including a sweep of a four-game homestand that featured games against two of the top four teams in the NHL, the Nashville Predators and the Boston Bruins. A 4-3 victory against the Buffalo Sabres in the home finale helped the Panthers set a franchise record with 27 home victories, breaking the mark of 26 set in 1999-2000.STILL GOING: Defenseman Keith Yandle completed a ninth consecutive season without missing a game, extending the longest active streak in the NHL to 715 consecutive games. Yandle ended the season with 56 points, one shy of the franchise record for defensemen set by Robert Svehla in 1995-96. His blueline partner Aaron Ekblad tied the franchise mark for defensemen with 16 goals, first set by Jason Garrison in 2011-12.HOW LONG CAN LUONGO GO? Goalie Roberto Luongo started three games in four nights last week as the Panthers made their final push to the playoffs, and he joined Martin Brodeur and Patrick Roy as the only goalies to play 1,000 games when he defeated Boston on Thursday. But he did turn 39 on April 4 and missed 32 games this season because of injuries. The Panthers will have to decide whether they want to come back next season with Luongo and James Reimer as their goaltending duo.— CALGARY Adidas Wade Megan Jersey , Alberta (AP) — Michael Frolik went from healthy scratch to catalyst for the Calgary Flames.Frolik scored two goals to lead the Flames to a 5-2 victory over the Boston Bruins on Wednesday night.“It feels good when you can help the team win the game,” the veteran winger said.Frolik had to watch his teammates edge the Avalanche 3-2 in overtime Saturday in Colorado.“I didn’t have the start I was looking for, but it’s a long season,” he said. “I just try to work hard in practice, get better every day and hopefully it’s going to turn around.“Tonight was a good start. Hopefully I can keep going.”Johnny Gaudreau collected his 100th NHL goal and rookie defenseman Juusu Valimaki scored his first for the Flames. Matthew Tkachuk added an empty-net goal.Mikael Backlund and Michael Stone each had two assists as Calgary won its second straight home game. Goaltender Mike Smith stopped 24 of 26 shots in the win.“I like the fact we have the ability to generate offense. Now, we’ll work on other things,” Calgary coach Bill Peters said. “We’re not quite there defensively or our play away from the puck in the neutral zone, but when we get there Adidas Evgeny Svechnikov Jersey , we’ll be a much better team.”Patrice Bergeron had a goal and an assist for the Bruins. Brad Marchand also scored. Bruins netminder Tuukka Rask turned away 24 shots in the loss.“I don’t think we were as clean as we needed to be obviously against a team that forechecks and checks well,” Boston coach Bruce Cassidy said. “That was clearly an issue throughout the game. Execution wasn’t good enough to beat a good hockey team.”The Bruins trailed 4-2 heading into the final period.Marchand was lightly defended when he scored at 13:45 of the second, taking a pass from Bergeron and scoring past Smith.Frolik nearly completed a hat trick on a short-handed breakaway, but his backhanded shot sailed over the Boston net. The Czech’s second goal came results from a Boston turnover in the offensive zone. Backlund flipped the puck across the slot, and Frolik tapped it over Rask’s stick at 3:32.On Boston’s first rush after killing off Calgary’s two-man advantage, Bergeron scored at 2:40 on a give-and-go with David Krejci.What appeared to be a goal by David Pastrnak late in the first period didn’t survive a coach’s challenge by Calgary’s Bill Peters. The Bruins were ruled offside.Valimaki’s first NHL goal gave the Flames a 3-0 lead at 16:08 of the first period.With Sam Bennett in front of Rask, the 20-year-old Valimaki’s shot from the top of the circle rolled over the goaltender and over the goal line.“I was happy actually finding out it was mine. Pretty awkward moment at the start because I didn’t know it was mine,” Valimaki said. “All the guys on the bench said ‘it’s yours’ and it felt great.”Gaudreau collected his milestone goal at 15:20. At the top of the crease Adidas Jonathan Bernier Jersey , Sean Monahan batted the puck down low to the winger, and Gaudreau scored from a tough angle.Frolik had half an open net for a target following a nice passing play by Tkachuk and Backlund. Tkachuk hustled into the offensive zone to backhand the puck to Backlund, who was moving into the slot. Backlund flipped the puck over to Frolik to score at 4:36.NOTES: Flames: Gaudreau crumpled after taking a high hit from Bruins defenseman Charlie McAvoy in the third period. Gaudreau played another shift, but was then pulled from the game for concussion protocol. Calgary head coach Bill Peters did not have an update on Gaudreau after the game.Bruins: Boston coach Bruce Cassidy said goaltender Jaroslav Halak will get a start against the Oilers in Edmonton on Thursday.UP NEXTFlames: Home against Nashville on Friday.Bruins: At Edmonton on Thursday.

elaine95  
elaine95

game and they took advantage
he was doing it again tonight.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de