The Sabres love what they’re getting in Dahlin

#1 von elaine95 , 06.11.2018 03:39

ST. PAUL Youth Chris Wagner Jersey , Minn. (AP) Matt Dumba and the Minnesota Wild started a defining two-game stretch against the Dallas Stars with a determined performance.They’re one step closer to a spot in the playoffs.”That was what fueled the fire, just wanting to bury these guys,” Dumba said. ”Not let them think that they could potentially get back into this thing by getting a couple victories against us.”Dumba scored on a power play and finished with three assists for a career-high four points, leading the Wild past the fading Stars 5-2 on Thursday night.”It’s something we talked about, making that gap even bigger and pushing more teams down,” said Zach Parise, who scored 59 seconds after Dumba in the second period and tacked on an empty-netter in the waning seconds.Mikael Granlund sparked the Wild with a short-handed goal in the first period , set up by the first of two assists by Ryan Suter, and Jason Zucker scored on a power play with 11 seconds left before the second intermission.Even more important than Granlund’s goal was the effort by the Wild that immediately followed it.Tyler Seguin had set up Benn in the slot for the lead for the Stars less than three minutes into the game, and a high-stick double-minor penalty on Wild defenseman Ryan Murphy produced a four-minute power play. Granlund scored just 12 seconds in, and the Wild penalty killers took over from there.”It was a big turning point, and it gave us a lot of life,” coach Bruce Boudreau said.Jamie Benn and Devin Shore scored for the Stars, who have lost eight straight road games, including six in regulation. They’re just 1-7-2 in their past 10 games overall, staggering into position for the knockout punch to their postseason hope. They host a rematch with the Wild on Saturday night.With only four games remaining, the Stars are five points behind current wild-card spot holders St. Louis and Anaheim in the Western Conference standings. The Blues have six games left, and the Ducks play five more times. The Stars also trail ninth-place Colorado by four points, with five games to go for the Avalanche.”Every mistake we made ended up in our net, and the chances we had we didn’t finish on,” Stars coach Ken Hitchcock said, adding: ”We’re going to compete at a very high level, and then the autopsy for us can take place.”Devan Dubnyk stopped 29 shots for the Wild, who improved to 26-6-8 at home for the second-most points in the NHL. With five games to go, they’re up six points on the Avalanche in the race to clinch an appearance in the playoffs for the sixth straight year.Dumba, who set a career high with his 12th goal on a blistering one-timer , and Zucker gave the Wild’s power play a badly needed boost. They had only one goal in their previous 26 opportunities until the sizzling second period. The Stars, meanwhile, were left shaking their heads about the opportunities they handed the Wild.”I had a bonehead shot there on the penalty kill,” Seguin said, referring to the sequence before Zucker scored. ”I can’t shoot far-side short-handed, and they go down and score. That’s a tough play.”NOTESDumba became the first Wild defenseman with four points in a game in franchise history. … Wild defenseman Jared Spurgeon, who has missed the past seven games with a torn right hamstring, could start skating next week Womens Jaroslav Halak Jersey , Boudreau said before the game. Wild defenseman Gustav Olofsson left with an upper-body injury and was declared questionable to travel to Dallas. … The Stars fell to 2-23-2 when trailing after two periods. … Suter stretched his career high and franchise record to 45 assists. … Stars defenseman Stephen Johns was being evaluated for a concussion after leaving in the first period with the injury. … Zucker has three goals and two assists in three games against the Stars this season. … Granlund’s was the 10th short-handed goal allowed by the Stars to match the second-most in the league this season. … Granlund scored for the first time in 15 games since Feb. 27. … Seguin has 27 points in 23 games against the Wild. … Announced attendance was 19,350, the largest of the season for the Wild.UP NEXTStars: After the rematch with Minnesota, Dallas must wrap up the schedule on the West Coast with games at San Jose, Anaheim and Los Angeles.Wild: Following the quick trip to Dallas, Minnesota plays its final regular-season home game on Monday against Edmonton. Then the Wild finish the schedule with the same three California road games the Stars have, against the Ducks, Kings and Sharks.— DALLAS (AP) Rasmus Dahlin went first overall to the Buffalo Sabres, Commissioner Gary Bettman was booed relentlessly by the crowd all night and trade chatter didn’t amount to a whole lot of movement.With the exception of one trade by the Stanley Cup champion Washington Capitals, the first round of the NHL draft went off without many surprises. Only two players and a handful of picks were traded Friday night, leaving general managers hoping for more on Day Two.”That was kind of a boring first day or first round,” Philadelphia Flyers GM Ron Hextall said. ”It’s not typical for this day.”The Sabres picking Dahlin at No. 1 and the Carolina Hurricanes taking Russian winger Andrei Svechnikov at No. 2 got the draft itself off to a predictable start. Montreal taking Finnish center Jesperi Kotkaniemi third and Arizona going a bit off the board with center Barrett Hayton fifth allowed high-scoring Czech winger Filip Zadina to fall to Detroit with the sixth pick.”I’m telling my agent if they will pass on me, I will fill their net with the puck,” Zadina said. ”I want to prove them that they have done, like, bad decision.”Not a whole lot of big decisions happened Friday night at American Airlines Center. The Sabres taking Dahlin was automatic since they won the draft lottery in April, and the 18-year-old wore a Buffalo Bills hat Friday prior to the selection. Svechnikov got to try on the Hurricanes’ draft hat before he was the No. 2 pick just as general manager Don Waddell acknowledged recently.Dahlin is the second Swedish player to be taken No. 1 and the first since Mats Sundin in 1989. Sundin went on to a Hall of Fame career.”It’s pretty crazy actually,” Dahlin said. ”He’s a legend in the hockey world. It’s kind of weird but amazing.”GMs found it weird that there weren’t more trades consummated. A few teams swapped picks late in the first round, but the big shakeup came a half-hour before the draft when the Capitals traded veteran defenseman Brooks Orpik and backup goaltender Philipp Grubauer to the Colorado Avalanche for a second-round pick.The trade netted Washington the 47th pick but most importantly cleared significant salary-cap space to attempt to re-sign pending free agent defensemen John Carlson and Michal Kempny. MacLellan said he was close to getting a deal done with Carlson, so he had to prepare.”It’s hard to do, but we had to create some room to sign some players,” MacLellan said.Grubauer was the first domino to fall in what could be a fascinating goaltending market. Ottawa’s Craig Anderson is reportedly available, and Columbus might have to make a decision on Sergei Bobrovsky if like winger Artemi Panarin the two-time Vezina winner isn’t willing to talk about a contract extension with just a year left before free agency.The Capitals and Hurricanes discussed a trade for Grubauer that would’ve given Washington a higher second-round pick, but MacLellan opted to send the 26-year-old German to the Western Conference rather than giftwrap him for a division rival, and Colorado’s Joe Sakic was willing to take on Orpik’s salary to get Grubauer.”We knew the asking price was high and we had the cap room that we can give cap flexibility for us to not have to give up more than we did,” said Sakic, who added he’ll look to trade Orpik or buy out the 37-year-old. ”We felt it was important to get Grubauer. We just like what he can do for us.”The Sabres love what they’re getting in Dahlin, who should spark the rebuilding process for a team that has missed the playoffs in each of the past seven seasons. The smooth-skating playmaker was considered the consensus first pick for more than a year.”It’s been a long waiting,” Dahlin said. ”You can’t really plan anything. Finally today I can plan my future. I love to call my new town Buffalo.”After co-owner Kim Pegula made some opening remarks, general manager Jason Botterill announced Dahlin as the top pick. In the corner of the arena, Sabres fans in attendance chanted, ”Dahlin! Dahlin!”Bills draft pick Josh Allen tweeted after the pick: ”Welcome to Buffalo (at)rasmusdahlin00! Can’t wait to watch you play, wings on me later this summer.”Dahlin will jump to the NHL right away and should help the club’s league-worst offense that contributed to its last-place finish. He had six assists in seven games at the world junior championships in Buffalo and put up 20 points in 41 games in Sweden’s top pro league this season.—AP Sports Writer Schuyler Dixon contributed to this report.—

elaine95  
elaine95

his hands move as fast as his feet and it just
Toronto’s Leo Komarov in the first round

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de